Grow Your Business Using Local SEO Strategies
What is Local SEO? Every local company can grow their business and make more money by using Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies. In this article we’ll explain what Local SEO is and why using local search strategies can help increase your sales.
What is Local SEO? (Search Engine Optimization)
Local SEO is an effective way to market your business online. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for a local business. Local SEO uses a variety of strategies — getting your site ranked on search engines like Google, business directories such as Yelp, Superpages, Foursquare, Yellowbook, Google My Business listing, Bing Places for Business page, localized content on your website, online reviews and other strategies. Millions of customers use local search every day to find the best local businesses in their area. You can help increase your chances of getting found by these potential customers through Local SEO.
Local SEO is a very targeted online marketing approach. (It’s not like dropping off brochures on front-porch steps or paying for an ad in a local newspaper that may or may not be seen by a potential customer that is actually interested in your products or services.) Local SEO allows you to position your business on search engines and other digital marketing platforms so you’re seen by potential customers — on their terms.
10 Reasons Why Local SEO Will Help Attract New Customers to Your Business
- 1.Local customers are turning to the internet to find local businesses — on desktops AND mobile devices Yes, some people still use printed phone books, but more and more people are turning to the internet to find information about local businesses. Here are some statistics:
96% of PC owners conduct local searches 46% of all Google searches are local 64% of local customers use search engines and directories as their main way to find local business 50% of local mobile searchers look for business information (like a company’s address or phone number) A whopping 78% of local mobile searches result in an offline purchase (Sources: http://searchengineland.com and http://www.business2community.com)
- 2. Local search marketing is highly targeted and timely The top reason for local search is to find a specific business. The second most common reason is to find a product or service. Many local searchers are looking for a specific business’ name, but many who search don’t have a specific business in mind when they begin their hunt. By using local search tactics you can better position your business and promote what you have to offer to local customers when they’re looking for your type of business. There’s no better time to connect with a potential customer than when they really need you.
- 3. Highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels Online directories (like Yelp, Citysearch, Foursquare, etc.) display a business’ name, address, phone number and sometimes additional information (like a menu or business description.) Local directories dominate the first page of many local search results. Local directory marketing (just one of many Local SEO strategies) has a higher conversion rate than other more traditional advertising options – up to 50% conversion on some directories. That means that by getting your business accurately listed on as many quality online directory sites as you can, you’ll convert 1 in 2 leads into an actual customer.
- 4. Mobile Internet is Growing More and more customers use mobile phones or tablets to find the best local businesses while they’re on the go. In fact, mobile digital media time in the US is now higher at 51% compared to desktop use at 42%. Local SEO covers both PC and mobile internet access meaning you never miss out on a potential customer.
- 5. Great return on investment Unlike traditional advertising (e.g. local newspapers, leaflets, direct mail, etc.), with local SEO there is little wasted exposure. You reach potential customers when they need you — not when they don’t. This makes Local SEO both efficient and cost-effective.
- 6. Only 44% of businesses have claimed their Google My Business local listing Google My Business is a FREE listing that Google makes available for almost any business. Getting listed on Google My Business can help increase your chances of showing up high in local search results on Google. Additionally, many local businesses haven’t figured out the importance of online marketing yet. That leaves the door open for you to get a head start before your competitors wise-up and it gets more competitive. Strike while the iron’s hot.
- 7. Many of the best local SEO opportunities are accessible (for now!) It’s free to claim your listing on Google My Business, Bing Places for Business and on hundreds of other online business directories. That means free promotion for your business.
- 8.Only 20% of Adults Get News from Print Newspapers Traditional advertising media is declining. In fact, fewer and fewer people are reading local newspapers. Recent figures show some local newspapers have lost 80% of their readership in the last 20 years. Why? Because more and more people are turning to the internet for their local news and information about local businesses.
- 9. 88% of Local Consumers Trust Online Business Reviews Word of mouth is a major factor in the success of many local businesses. So increase your company’s online reputation, ask trusted customers to leave a positive review about your business online — and attract hundreds of new customers.
- 10. Local Customers Rely on the Internet to Find Information About Your Business These days people depend on the internet to find information about all types of products and services. If your business isn’t found on local search results, you’ll miss out on new customers. Implementing a variety of Local SEO strategies for your business can help you show up on the internet map for future customers to see!
Grow Your Business Using Local SEO These Local Search trends are strong now and they’re only going to get stronger and more significant in the future. Now is the time for you to take advantage of local search engine optimization and boost your business before your competitors catch on. All local businesses, from businesses can improve their findings and make more money through local SEO. So get started today!