What Is Social Media Marketing?Social media marketing first started with publishing where businesses were sharing their content on social media to generate traffic to their websites and, hopefully, increase sales. But social media has matured far beyond being just a place to share content. These days, businesses use social media in a myriad of different ways. Some ways in which businesses use social media are, monitoring social media conversations and analyzing their reach, views, likes, follows, engagement, and sales. Social media marketing is simply digital marketing that involves connecting with your audience to market your brand and boost sales for your business or company. Social media marketing activities involve publishing radically different social actions such as sharing short messages/texts, videos, media links, joining events/groups. It also involves the use of paid social media advertising to drive audience engagement, build brand awareness and increase sales. We’ve created this guide to help you understand the relevance of social media marketing and how to develop a compelling social media marketing plan for your business this year. The major social media platforms in 2021 are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat
Why is social media marketing relevant in 2021?While it may seem overwhelming, the importance of social media cannot be overstated. It’s so important that 97% of marketers and 78% of salespeople are using social media for their business. Plus, its benefits extend far beyond increasing sales. However, not all businesses are aware of the benefits of social media marketing. 50% of small businesses aren’t using social media to promote their business. That’s an alarming number. Even more concerning is that an additional 25% don’t plan to use social media in the future either.
How Will Social Media Boost Your Business Online1. Makes it easy to promote your business 2. Help you increase your clients reach 3. Promotes brand recognition and awareness 4. Increase traffic to your website 5. Build your conversions 6. Enhance communication and engagement with target audiences 7. It is mostly FREE! Do you now see the relevance of using social media marketing to boost your brand online and drive sales? Are you ready to get started with marketing on social media? Here are a few things to consider before you kick-start your social media marketing
1. Start With a Strategic GoalSocial media strategy planning starts with identifying your brand’s goal. Maybe, you want to use social media to increase your brand awareness, generate engagement around your brand, or even drive website traffic and sales this year. Either way, your goals will define your content strategy and how much time and energy you’ll need to dedicate to your campaigns. Additionally, the goals you set for your business must be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound). Starting a social media marketing campaign without a strategy goal in mind is like going to visiting a new city without a map—you might have fun, but probably get lost. Second, research to know which social media platforms your competitors are and where they have their largest reach/following. Your competitors can provide valuable data for keyword research and other social media marketing insight. Start by creating accounts on the same platforms to beat the competition, but always do it better! You can also figure out which social media platforms you want to focus on. Aside from the major social media platforms, there are also social messaging platforms like Messenger, WhatsApp, and WeChat you can explore. Always start with a few platforms that you think your target audience is rather than to be on all platforms.
Here are quick questions to ask yourself when defining your social media marketing goals:Why do I want my brand on social media? What am I hoping to achieve with my brand through social media campaigns? Who is my realistic target audience? Where does my target audience hang out and how would they use social media? What message do I want to send to your audience using social media marketing? Your business type should inform and drive your social media marketing strategy. Last, think about what type of content you want to share to attract your target audience best? Will they be images, videos, or links? Is it going to be informational, educational, or entertaining? With time, you can always change your strategy according to how your social media posts perform by tracking the data using analytical tools.
2. Plan and Create (curate) compelling contentBy now, you have managed to figure out your strategy goal through research and planning. But how about your content strategy? The next thing to consider after setting out your goal is to develop your content strategy with great, compelling, and innovative ideas. Publishing content to social media is as simple as sharing a blog post, an image, or a video on your personal Facebook or Instagram profile. But in this case, you will want to plan your content ahead of time instead of creating and publishing content spontaneously. Also, your content must be informative, educational, or entertaining depending on the goal you set for yourself in the beginning. Examples of content you can consider are stories, images, short-lived videos, and showing your audience the human behind the posts they see. To ensure you are maximizing your reach, always publish content at the right time and frequency. There are a variety of social media scheduling tools that can help you publish your content automatically at your preferred time. This saves you time and allows you to reach your audience when they are most likely to engage with your content.
3. Listen and Interact With Your AudienceAs your business and social media following begins to grow, conversations about your brand will also increase if you strategise well. One key to being successful in social media is to listen and interact with your audience. People will comment on your social media posts, tag you in their social media posts, or message you directly. Always find time to respond and address their concerns. This will show you are reliable and they can trust you for a quick response to your products. So what is social listening? Social listening involves tracking conversations around your brand and in your industry and using the information to review your marketing strategies. Social listening and interacting will help you understand your audience better, where they like to hang out, and what they like to talk about. It is simply finding out what people are saying about you. If you’re not using social listening, you’re leaving a lot of great insights on the table. Social listening and social monitoring are however two different things. Social listening involves what your audience does and social monitoring is about why they do what they do. People might even talk about your brand on social media without letting you know. So you will want to monitor social media conversations about your brand. If it’s a positive comment, you get a chance to surprise them. Otherwise, you can offer support and correct a situation before it gets worse. There are several social media listening tools out there that you can use, explore and find the one that best suits you and your budget.
4. Track your analyticsAlong the way, you will want to know how your social media campaign is performing. Are you reaching more people on social media compared to months back? How much positive feedbacks do you get? How many people used your brand’s hashtag on their social media posts? The social media platforms themselves provide a basic level of such information. To get more in-depth analytics information or to easily compare across social media platforms, you can use a wide range of social media analytics tools. For example, Google Analytics can be used to measure your social media marketing techniques, as well as determine which strategies are better off abandoned.
Metrics you can measure with analytical tools
1. ReachThe number of unique accounts that have seen any of your posts.
2. ClicksRefers to the number of clicks on your post or account. Tracking clicks per campaign are essential to understand what drives curiosity or encourage people to buy.
3. ImpressionsThe total number of times all of your posts have been seen.
4. EngagementThis refers to the total number of social interactions divided by the number of impressions and sheds light on how well your audience perceives you and their willingness to interact. It can also be measured by the number of times your post was liked, saved or commented on.
5. Hashtag performanceWhat were your most-used hashtags? Which hashtags were most associated with your brand?
6. SavedThis refers to the number of unique users that saved your post.
7. Profile visitsTimes your profile was viewed.
8. FollowingThe number of accounts that started following you. Having these answers can help shape the focus of your content going forward.
5. AdvertisingWhen you have more funds to grow your social media marketing, an area that you can consider is social media advertising. Social media ads allow you to reach a wider audience than those who are following you. These platforms are so powerful nowadays that you can specify exactly who to display your ads to. You can create target audiences based on their demographics, interests, behaviours, and more. When you are running many social media advertising campaigns at once, you can consider using a social media advertising tool to make bulk changes, automate processes, and optimize your ads. CONTACT SEO DIGITAL NOW TO HELP YOU DEVELOP A COMPELLING SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY At SEO Digital Ghana, we use social media marketing to build your brand and boost your sales. Get all the benefits of social media with SEO Digital Ghana Now!
Design plays an important role in creating a great website. A visually appealing design does not have to guarantee a good ranking of the search engines. The Internet is full of attractive websites but bad in performances in the search engines. Why must websites adhere to certain search engine guidelines? The design of a website is not limited to aesthetics. A good web design allows users and search engine robots to easily navigate your site. The fact that SEO and design go hand in hand and need to be competitive requires you to integrate SEO components into your web design structure. That’s why SEO starts with your design. Many web designers have now realized that SEO needs to be integrated into the web design process to get traffic and good ranking on their website. Here are some ways web-design can improve your search engine rankings.
Crawlable contentWebsites that are easy to explore and error-free get the best visibility on search engines. You only have a few seconds to generate the interest of your visitor, valid. Your website needs to focus on the interests of your visitors by adding active content in the form of blogs, new products and services to keep your site up-to-date. Crawl content is created when the content responds to visitor requests. This is the best approach to reduce the bounce rate.
Create SEO friendly URL structureWhen it comes to a website, the first thing your visitors notice is the URL of the pages. They are a series of effective hierarchies in your product and service areas to guide users to their desired goals. It provides a clear direction for your users to search for the products they are looking for and solve their questions.
Easy to navigateIf your website is slow and outdated, you will instantly see your visitors leaving your site. This causes an increase in your bounce rate of your website if your site does not have easy navigation.
How to achieve this?Systematically design your website for your visitors to find what they are looking for, store it and send it back to your site. It is important that your website is easy to navigate and aesthetic. There must be a consistent flow of content and ideas so that your visitors can easily find what they are looking for without any difficulty. By making sure your site has a good navigation, you are helping your users and search engines to rank your site up on the search engines.
Keep a responsive designWe know that Google has repeatedly stated that Responsive Design is the preferred mobile configuration and the new Google SEO algorithm make it clear ‘ speed and responsive is king’. A great way to use your website for desktops and mobile devices is to have a responsive design, and a responsive layout increases your website’s loading speed!
Link buildingHow to rank a site on search engines is a difficult task if your site is new and you have to use the link creation service. Obtaining backlinks is difficult for a new site and that involves getting it from high authority sites that allow us to link our site to increase the ranking of organic search engines. How to build links to the sites?
- List your site in directories.
- Guest post to other blogs
- Buy a link from other sites.
- Manage blog comments and engagement on the forum