What is Digital Marketing?Digital marketing, also known as online marketing or internet advertising is a big deal these days. Internet usage has doubled over the past decade. This shift has massively affected how people purchase products, services and interact with businesses. So, what is digital marketing? It is simply the use of the internet, emails, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach the right consumers. All these forms of marketing help introduce people to your company and convince them to buy your products. One key element of digital marketing is that, it requires the use of innovative approaches to attract and understand your potential customers as compared to traditional marketing.
Digital Marketing Assets and Strategies That Can Boost Your BrandDigital assets and strategies are vital in today’s market and if you don’t keep up, you will be left behind. Let’s take a look at what your business needs to maximise its marketing plan and start reaping profits.
Digital Marketing AssetsAssets are values owned by a group or company. Marketing items used to project your business and get potential clients attracted to buy your products are termed Digital Assets. Are you using the available digital assets you have at your disposal to boost your marketing? If you’re unsure, don’t worry, here are few examples:
- Your website
- Branded assets (logos, icons, acronyms, etc.)
- Video content (video ads, product demos, etc.)
- Images (infographics, product shots, company photos, etc.)
- Written content (blog posts, eBooks, product descriptions, testimonials, etc.)
- Online products or tools (calculators, interactive content, etc)
- Social media pages
Digital Marketing StrategiesStrategies for digital marketing is also constantly evolving. Some strategies businesses use are:
1. Pay-Per-Click AdvertisingPPC advertising is any type of digital marketing where you pay for every user who clicks on an ad like Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
2. Paid Search AdvertisingGoogle, Bing and Yahoo allow you to run text ads on their Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) to target potential clients who are actively searching for a product or service like yours.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)With SEO, you can rank pages or blog posts on your site organically and not have to pay directly for every click, but this usually takes quite a bit of time and effort.
4. Paid Social Media AdvertisingSocial media platforms like Twitter allow you to run ads on their site to increase your business’s visibility with audiences.
5. Social Media MarketingThis is free and organic however, organically marketing your business on social media takes a lot more time and effort but in the long run, can deliver much cheaper results.
6. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)CRO is the art and science of improving your online user experience. Most of the time, businesses use CRO to get more conversions (leads, chats, calls, sales, etc.) out of their existing website traffic.
7. Content MarketingThis is another fairly broad digital marketing term. Content marketing covers any digital marketing effort that uses content assets (blog posts, infographics, eBooks, videos, etc.) to build brand visibility, drive clicks or sales.
8. Native AdvertisingEver get to the bottom of an article and see a list of suggested articles? That’s native advertising and mostly fall under content marketing because it uses content to attract clicks.
9. Email MarketingThis form of online marketing is the oldest and it’s still going strong. Most digital marketers use email marketing to advertise special deals, highlight content (often as part of content marketing) or promote an event.
10. Affiliate MarketingAffiliate marketing is essentially paying someone else (a person or a business) to promote your products and services on their website.
How Powerful is Digital Marketing Now?With technology continually evolving, so do the behaviours of consumers. As a result, we have seen how traditional forms of advertising has continued to decline. We have also watched how digital advertising have grown from strength to strength. Some reasons for this include, an increase in the way we access information, news and an increased activity on digital devices. In addition, digital marketing is affordable, which allows any sized business with any size budget to target specific markets effectively. Today, just having a website is no longer enough to engage your audience and convert them to new customers. It is now important to consider implementing a complete digital plan that works across multiple channels. With this in mind, here are 7 reasons why you need digital marketing for your business:
1. Increase reachWith the growth of the internet, more people are spending their time online. Over 7.7 billion people use the internet across the globe. It has become an integral part of everyday life to conduct searches, check social media, and purchase products online. Your customers are online, which highlights the importance of digital marketing. They’re browsing the web looking for your products or services. If they can’t find your services/products because you’re not online, you risk losing those leads to your competitors. To drive the best results for your business, you need to build your online presence. This will help you reach more audience that want your products or services.
2. More Advanced AnalyticsWith digital marketing you know the following about your ads and audience:
- Whether they actually saw it. With traditional marketing like TV and radio ads, you don’t even know that much.
- What they interacted with
- If they liked it
- If they lingered on it
- What they viewed
- If they shared it with a friend
- Did it prompt another action
- If it led to a sale
- Who’s most interested in your ads
- What are they like
- What makes them more likely to take an action
- Who is easiest to convert
- Who spends more
- What do they do online
- Gives you their demographics
- What terms do they use to find you online
- Which websites do they visit that lead them to yours
3. Keep up with your competitorsOnline marketing is highly competitive and your competitors have already taken advantage of it. They’ve created social profiles, adapted their website for SEO, and run paid advertisements to reach new leads. This reason in itself is one of the reasons why you should use digital marketing. If you want your business to compete with others, you have to do what your competitors are doing and even more. By neglecting digital marketing, you’re already falling behind your competition. Your competitors are gaining traffic that could be yours if you’re also investing in digital marketing. Customers online won’t know that your business is an option and will automatically choose a competitor. You must invest in digital marketing to get leads to consider your business as an option.
4. Target the right audienceThe ability to target the right audience is one of the most obvious reasons why digital marketing is important. Imagine being able to market directly to people who have an interest in your products or services. You have the capability to directly reach leads interested in your business. With digital marketing, you can target your audience more precisely than traditional methods. You can input important information about your audience and use that information to shape your marketing campaigns. It makes it easy for you to reach the right people. When you better target your audience, you drive better results with your campaign and reach more leads.
5. You can monitor and optimise your campaigns for better resultsThe importance of digital marketing is that you can easily track and monitor your campaigns. When you invest time and money into your campaigns, you want to know that they are working. Internet marketing makes it easy for you to track your campaigns, which allows you to adapt and drive better results. It can be challenging using traditional methods to know the results of your campaign. If you run a TV ad, you may have to ask every person that comes into the store about what brought them to your business. It would be a very time-consuming effort that could annoy people who visit your business. You don’t need to worry about bothering your audience with online ads. Every campaign you run is easily trackable to see if it is driving valuable results for your business. In addition, metrics such as impressions, clicks, views, comments, conversions, and more can be analysed. When you track your campaign’s performance, it’s easier to fix it and adapt to changes. With traditional advertising campaign, you typically can’t make changes until the campaign is over. It only benefits the next campaign you run, which can feel like you wasted money on the previous campaign. Whereas with online ads, you can see if they are successful or need improvement. If they need improvement, you can make immediate changes and implement them at any point during your campaign. In addition, online marketing helps you spend your budget more wisely to get more out of your campaigns.
6. Best return on your investment (ROI)If you want to know the importance of digital media, look at the results it drives for businesses. Marketing strategies online have awesome return on investment (ROI). When you invest in these methods, you’ll get more out of them. For example, email marketing has the highest ROI of any marketing method. Every $1 spent, you have the potential to earn a whopping 4400% in return. This is a great opportunity for you to grow and earn a profit from your marketing efforts. Internet marketing is also cost-effective and hence, leaves room for a great ROI. It doesn’t cost much to run a social media ad campaign, compared to certain traditional methods, and this gives businesses an opportunity to grow.
7. Easy to Scale & AdaptFor small businesses, it becomes very clear when you see how easy it is to scale and adapt as your business grows. Example, with social media campaigns, you can choose a daily budget and know how much it will cost without having to renegotiate an ad spot on TV. As you continue to convert that traffic, you just increase your daily spend and revenues with it. If you got a massive order from a customer and need to scale back to avoid getting backlogged, it’s just as easy. The power of digital marketing lies in the fact that, you can get instant results and analyze data fast to reduce wasted ad spend.
Digital Marketing StrategyAt SEO Digital, we recommend a professional online plan to raise awareness of your business and engage with prospective customers. Hence, strong digital marketing strategy should consist of the following elements:
1. WebsiteBuild a functional, professional and easy to navigate website. Include a blog on your site to update and inform your customers of any news in your industry. Also, consider inbuilt functionality to streamline office processes and make the customer experience better.
2. Search Engine Optimisation – (SEO)Your website needs to include high quality, relevant content about your business and services. A number of SEO techniques such as high quality content, and keyword research can all help with your online presence. Keep this up to date and integrate it with a website measurement tool such as Google Analytics to improve your chances of being found online. Additionally, using strong quality content and relevant keywords on your website can improve your organic search results and make you visible to people.
4. Mobile responsivenessIf your website is difficult to read, the chances are prospective customers won’t make an enquiry. Make sure your website is optimised for mobile devices and creates a pleasant user experience.
5. Social mediaThe development of social media platforms will grow your online audience, and assist with online marketing. Social Media allows you to speak directly with your customer base to provide valuable information and build trust digitally to to increase your audience.
6. Online AdvertisingConsider using various online advertising streams to increase your brand awareness. Common online advertising strategies such as Google AdWords allow you to target specific demographics and set your budget to suit your business. Online advertising is a highly effective way to add impact to your business and brand.
7. Nurturing your leadsYour digital strategies need to engage your customers to get them to take the next step and make a purchase. You need to have clear ‘call to action’ strategies built in to your digital platforms and make it easy for the customer to take that next step.
CONTACT US NOW FOR A DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGYDigital marketing is becoming more complex, as we develop new ways of effectively reaching clients and driving revenues online. Your digital marketing strategy and assets are essential in driving business success. Contact SEO Digital today on firstname.lastname@example.org or +233 50 664 3847 if you would like to review your business’ online marketing to increase your client base and profits.
Pay Per Click or PPC also known as Paid Search Advertising (PSA) is part of Search Engine Marketing (SEM). It is an online method of advertising in which the advertisers display the ads of their products or services when users search for related products or services over the internet by entering relevant queries into the search engines. When any of the users click on the ads then the advertisers are charged, hence the term where pay per click came from!
Why PPC?The question that haunts small business owners the most is why to go for PPC? The answer is PPC enables you to reach the target audience quickly by specifying who can see your ads either by entering precise keywords or demographic characters. Other reasons that make PPC a must for your business to excel online:
Cost Effectiveness:The biggest misconception among business owners is that PPC is a costly affair and is nothing but wastage of money! But the truth is if you go by proper procedure then you can make your campaign profitable. Make slow start: Start with a small campaign and then if you are satisfied with the results to spend more money. If you do not have proper knowledge regarding Adwords and Facebook ads then it is recommended to hire professionals to set up the campaign for you.
Try different ways to lower your PPC costsIf you found that the campaign is profitable then keep increasing your budget else don’t waste on non-profitable ones.
- Keep eyes on your competitors and learn from them as they are a great source to gain knowledge from.
- Spend money on the keywords that generate profit.
- Best and quickest way to attract targeted audience
The easiest way to check if your product sellsIf you aim for a long-term online business then you need to run a campaign on Google Adwords and measure the results by getting 1000 targeted visits. Most of the businesses that do not follow this testing and optimization step incur fail in the online market.
It works well with various digital marketing channelsYou can test the efficiency of different keywords so that you get familiar with the keywords that need to be targeted for long-term SEO. PPC also helps in strengthening mobile marketing, email marketing campaigns. It also helps a lot in local search engine optimization and gets customers for your product or service. Hence if you own a business whether small or big and want to make it successful venture online use Pay Per Click advertising with help of professionals.
This article has been prepared with the understanding that will allow you to build a foundation to serve your brand, your customers and helps achieve your business goals through the proper understanding of social media marketing. Bulleted are practical tools that would help you achieve success in your career as a social media marketer.
- It’s important to listen to what your target audience is saying
- Have a speciality and don’t be a jack of all trades
- Quality is better than quantity
- Success on social media doesn’t happen overnight
- Focus on creating content that sells itself
- Spend time finding the right people to interact with
In this highly competitive digital marketing arena, having an enhanced online presence is matters above anything. All begins with a professional and well-crafted website for it is the one that frames the first impression about a brand or business. Your website design plays the key role right from improving your brand image and communicating your company message to any prospect in the most striking way possible. In this respect, every business unit, regardless of its size and sector, must approach a professional web design services company to fulfil their ultimate online marketing goals. A web design strategies of a cutting-edge and experienced agency does not end with only building beautiful looking websites for clients. Rather such companies offer a great user experience and an effectual information architecture issuing different tools like images, texts, graphics, videos and animation that communicates the exact messages to your visitors. The following lists are the most important website services that are mostly offered by a professional website design agency –
Website Design:Definitely, designing websites is one of the chief services of such companies. However, with technology moving fasts, the web designers are not only catering to create websites for PCs and desktops but mobile and tablet specific websites with all the necessary features.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):SEO is the catchphrases in the online space. From Google to Bing and Yahoo, every brand desires to get ranked in the top of these search bars. Web design and SEO work together and web designers today prefer to integrate SEO while designing website as an SEO optimized website draw more traffic.
Graphic Designs:Graphic designing elements play a significant role to boost a website’s visibility. It increases a website’s visual appeal, portrays its professional excellence, usability and brand value. It is not at all an unknown fact that how important is visual communication for delivering the in-depth objective of a brand’s message.
Copywriting:Apart from design elements and website layout, there is another important component which is critically important. Most of the brad owners being engrossed with other daunting tasks of running the business do not have the time and expertise to create content that delivers the business message without any grammatical error. Writing for websites is engages visitors and gives a much clear about the brand. A website designing agency has a skill set of content writers who create the best content for their clients.
Website Hosting:Another crucial service provided by web designing agencies is web hosting that is as important as the foundation of a house. A professional web agency offers unlimited email addressed and bandwidth for both small and large business websites. Also, trustable brands keep routine back up of the files.
Content Management Systems (CMS):CMS is one of the powerful tools for web developers. From its very basic advantages like creating, editing and maintaining websites, CMS is also available in more hi-tech and user-friendly versions. A professional firm owns experts in the field who helps to streamline their clients’ websites.
Email Newsletter Marketing:Most of the web designing firms also offer email newsletter marketing another important part of a website. Such services help a brand to be in constant touch with their clients. Email marketing campaign and strategies if done right can work wonders.
E-commerce website:Brands must understand the difference between informational and e-commerce websites both of which have different purposes. An informational website can in no way allow a brand to facilitate commercial transaction like the e-commerce website. Experiences web designing houses also provide such services, the most important aspect for e-marketers.
Maintenance and Repairs:Everything needs maintenance so as websites. Websites may be crashed and become the victim of cybercrime. The task of a web designing company does not end with just designing and developing their clients’ website. They also diagnose, repair and help crashed websites to get back-in-action.
Ranking organically in search engine results can be hard work which is why many businesses couple their organic efforts with an AdWords campaign. AdWords is form of PPC (pay per click) advertising which means your ads go straight to the top of the search engine above organic results. However, you have to pay for the privilege so it’s important you spend your budget wisely. As experts in providing PPC services to our clients, we’re here to share common mistakes businesses make with their AdWords budget so you can avoid them in the future.
Setting the budget too highA lot of businesses start with unrealistic expectations of what they’ll get out of their AdWords campaign and allocate too much money in the first instance. Start small with your budget and then monitor how much your campaign increases your turnover. If it’s working well, you can always allocate more money to the budget.
Not using targetingThere are a number of targeting options available on AdWords and you should take advantage of them to get more bang for your buck so you’re not spending money where you don’t need to. For example, if you provide services in only a certain area, set your location targeting to reflect this. Otherwise, you’ll start popping up all over the internet for users who can’t use your service because they’re not in the right location. If you don’t take advantage of the tracking options offered through AdWords, you’ll have no idea if your money is being spent wisely. Take the time to get to know how tracking works so you can keep an eye on your campaigns. If you find that a particular campaign isn’t working that well, you can pause it and focus on something else. Keeping a close eye on your tracking means that you can make the changes you need to so your budget works hard for you.
Not developing negative keywordsYour negative keywords list on AdWords is a list of keywords that you don’t want your ads showing up for. Take the time to grow your list of negative keywords so you don’t waste money having your ads show up in searches that aren’t actually relevant to your business. For example, if you have a business that provides luxury furniture, you can include phrases such as ‘cheap furniture’ and ‘budget furniture’ in your negative keywords as people who use these search terms won’t be interested in your products.
Linking to the wrong landing pageThe whole point of your AdWords campaign is to increase traffic to your website to facilitate conversions. With that in mind, there’s no point spending money on ads which are going to take users to the incorrect landing page. For example, if you advertise a product in your ad, make sure the link takes users directly to that product rather than your homepage. If you need a helping hand with your AdWords management, SEOGHANA can help. We’ll get your AdWords campaign off the ground and continually monitor the results to ensure maximum efficacy for your business. If you’re ready to appear right at the top of the search engine results, call us and we can get you started! For help with all things on PPC click here
Pay-Per Click Ads are revolutionary in Digital marketing. The platform which Pay-Per Click ads provide that is superb. Pay-Per Click Ads may sound difficult but it’s not a rocket science to understand. But why should anybody invest in Pay-Per Click Ads? What’s different in Pay-Per Click Ads than any other kind of advertising? It’s simple to understand, for example, if, getting business immediately is most important to you, even at the expense of paying more in the long-term then Pay-Per Click is better for you. It’s also worth noting that if your business is particularly seasonal and you only sell your product/service for a couple of weeks/months a year then Pay-Per Click may be the best option for you. Pay-Per Click provides you with the instant visibility and a much quicker return on investment which helps to offset the time and cost it takes to rank organically using SEO. Pay-Per Click ads are very flexible in that you can dial down your budget when you’re busy to help you to generate a manageable amount of business. Let’s look into few major benefits of Pay-Per Click ads: 1: Cost effective- You only pay when a user actually reaches your website, it can be good value for money. You can choose to spend as much or as little as you like. 2: Highly-Targeted- You can choose your audience according to demographics like location, language and device 3: Measurable ROI- PPC campaigns can be setup to carefully measure effectiveness. You can determine exactly how much your return on investment is. 4: Easily Customisable- As you run your campaigns, you can make many small adjustments to improve based on what works best. 5: Instant Results- You will see the impact of your PPC efforts almost immediately. Organic search engine optimisation (SEO) tactics can take months to make a difference. CONCLUSION: Hopefully now you know the major advantages of Pay-Per Click ads. Technologies are changing fast, marketing tactics are also changing. In such competent era of digital marketing, Pay-Per Click ads can definitely bring a great boost to your business.